Epiqwest’s investment philosophy is rooted in the belief that equity markets are more volatile than many investors perceive. Studies have shown that individual investors tend to buy and sell at the wrong times and despite conventional wisdom, an overwhelming preponderance of investment decisions are driven by emotion. We believe that our job is to help remove emotion from investment decisions and construct long term investment plans based upon a thorough understanding of our clients’ goals and risk tolerance. By constructing portfolios that are appropriately tied to goals and risk tolerance our clients are better able to stay invested through all market cycles and meet long term growth objectives. To achieve these goals, we believe investment portfolios should to be constructed with multiple uncorrelated asset classes with long term growth potential.
Our Core Beliefs
- Active investing optimizes risk adjusted returns in ways that traditional “buy and hold” investment models don’t.
- Diversification across traditional and alternative asset classes, investment managers, and individual assets makes it possible to protect and conservatively grow wealth.
- Asset prices can deviate from asset values for long periods of time, creating both risk and opportunity. Emphasizing long term returns instead of benchmarking allows investors to reduce risk and ultimately increase returns.
- Superior investment managers exist, and we can, and do, find them through extensive due diligence.
- Building tax efficient portfolios provides additional efficiencies to the planning tools that we employ to assist our clients
At Epiqwest, we combine our core beliefs with the experience of our investment team to provide highly customized investment solutions for our clients. Our independent corporate structure enables us to find the best investment managers regardless of platform or distribution structure. If you’d like to explore what a customized plan might look like for you, contact us.